Homemade Hanjuku Cheese Tart 日式半熟起士塔



Gosh, I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time. See, I'm still keeping the tart packaging after so many months. haha....  And finally, made this !!! Here is some nice review regarding our local famous & best seller Hanjuku Cheese Tart or Hokkaido Cheese Tart, click here to read.  I remember I bought two boxes of these from Lavender Bakery City Mall and cost me around RM66.00, which is RM33.00 per box of six. I spent at least RM150.00 that day on Hanjuku cheese tart, Hanjuku cheese cake, puff pastry cream horn & some breads before travelling back to Johor. Hubby said I am insane. haha....  At the end, my kids & I polished off everything on the following day. He is speechless. Thanks to QL Kitchen for the inspiration. My Hanjuku cheese tart tuns out beautifully.

Ingredients for pastry crust :
160gm  all purpose flour
10gm  ground almond
40gm  icing sugar
1/8 tspn  salt
90gm  cold butter, chopped
2 egg yolk

Method : 
(1)  combine flour, almond mealed, sugar, salt into a big bowl then stir well.
(2)  add in butter and rub till fine crumb is formed.
(3)  finally, stir in egg yolk and mix till soft dough is formed.
(4)  take a small amount of dough and press it to a muffin cups then prick the base of the pastry with a folk.
(5)  now,  keep chilled for 30 minutes and then bake at preheated oven at 170-175'C for about 10 minutes.


Ingredients for cheese filling :
(A)
220gm  cream cheese
1 TB   parmesan cheese powder
40gm  icing sugar
70ml  heavy cream
40gm  butter
20gm  evaporated milk ( I omitted )

(B)
1 egg
2 TB  corn flour
2 TB  lemon juice
a pinchh of salt

Method :
(1)  melt ingredients (A) with a double boiler till mixture became creamy.
(2)  then add in ingredients (B) and continued stirring till well cooperated.
(3) leave to cool then transfer to a pipping bag and  keep chilled for 30 minutes.

 
*Egg glazing :  1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tspn  milk

TO ASSEMBLE :
(1)  when ready, fill each pastry crust with cream cheese filling then brush on egg glazing, make sure the egg glazing is well spread.
(2)  finally, bake at preheated oven 220'C for 10 minutes (on top rack) or till the top crust turns brown.

I am glad the cheese filling turns out fantastically even without the milk. But if with the evaporated milk, I think the cheese filling will turns out looking like lava. That will be perfect ! No worries, I will definitely go for another batch.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...