Melt-in-your-mouth Mushroom Floss Chinese Cookies 即熔蘑菇干曲奇饼


Happy New Year everyone ! This is my first bake of the year 2017. I have to admit that I've been away too often lately and I really need to warm up my oven cause my girl is back for a one month break. And Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids has inspired me to make these cookies right away. I love how simple the mixed up ingredients. However, I have replaced the meat floss with vegetarian mushroom floss instead. And if you're interested to find out more, please read on.......

This mushroom floss smell and taste as good as the meat floss. The best thing was ..... its vegetarian ! You can easily found them at any vegetarian shop.

Ingredients :
100gm  butter, softened at room temperature
20gm  icing sugar
60gm  all purpose flour
60gm  cornflour
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn  baking powder
1 TB   sesame seeds, toasted
2 TB   mushroom floss

* egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
* some sesame seeds for topping

Method :
(1)  combine flour, cornflour, salt, mushroom floss & baking powder together and mix well.
(2)  now, cream butter and icing sugar till smooth then fold in flour mixture to form sticky dough.

(3) finally, throw in the remaining ingredients and mix till everything well cooperated.
(4)  next, wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 minutes or till dough manageable to handle.
(5)  when ready, place chilled dough to slightly floured working table and roll out flat about 1cm thickness. Then cut with round cookie cutter.
(6)  transfer all shaped dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with egg glazing ( I used leftover egg white) and sprinkle on sesame seeds.

(7) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 10-12 minutes.
(8) leave to cool before storage to air tight jar.

Ohhh.... boy, these cookies are simply spectacular ! Its tasty. Its melt in your mouth kind of cookie and its unstoppable ! Its a killer alright. My advice is please double up the recipe if you're planning the make one. Thanks Zoe for sharing such beautiful cookie recipe. I love it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...