Aromatic Pineapple Tart 香喷喷凤梨酥

,
Finally, it comes to my final Chinese New Year bake ! This pineapple tart is a special request from my younger sibling. Every year he has to rush back from Singapore to celebrate this special occasion with the family members. Normally, I will be meeting them on the first day of new year. Since the first batch of pineapple tart already gone, so I have to force myself to prepare the second batch. Otherwise, I have nothing to bring home. hehe.....


It's been awhile I tried something similar to this recipe. The soft version has to be my all time favourite. I personally prefer adding in bigger portion of cornflour to my pineapple tart pastry recipe, just to satisfy my own crave. And here's what I did.

Ingredients for pastry dough :
250gm   butter, softened
50gm  icing sugar
1/2 tspn  salt
1 tspn  vanilla extract
2  large yolk
300gm  all purpose flour
30gm  milk powder
70gm  corn flour

**egg glazing ~ 1 yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
** 40pcs cloves for decoration
**Fillings :  350gm  Taiwan Pineapple paste, divide into 11gm each & round them

Method :
(1)  combine flour, cornflour and milk powder together & mix well.
(2)  cream butter and icing sugar till fluffy, then add in eggs, salt & vanilla extract and continued beating till creamy.
(3)  now, fold in flour mixture and stir to form a soft dough. Then set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
(4)  once its ready, divide pastry dough into 15gm each and fill in pineapple paste ball, sealed and round them.
(5)  press each dough ball with fingers from side to side to form an oval shape, then by using a clip gadget to make the decorating cut.
(6)  finally, brush on egg glazing and insert a clove into one end then bake at preheated oven 170'C for about 12 minutes or till golden brown.
(7)  once its done, leave cool before storage.

A reminder that not to over bake the pastry, which will causing dry and hard pastry crust by the end. So, has to be very alert with the temperature and timing.

Gosh, glad that I've finally completed my final bake ! Super love the smell of the sweet cloves. I have to hide this batch away from the human eyes for time being. Otherwise, there's nothing left for me to bring home。。。。haha.... Happy baking guys !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...