Hakka ’Ho Po‘ Chives Rice Dumpling 客家河婆韭菜粄

OMG..... FINALLY !!! Finally, I've found it ! The exact dumpling skin texture I've been craving for. Thanks whoever it is from the Chinese site , sharing this wonderful recipe without name or blog. The process isn't as easy as I thought to handle compare to the two dumplings I made earlier. It was sticky.  There's no wheat starch needed on this recipe, therefore, the skin turns out less chewy but soft. And this is just the right one !

Ingredients for Rice dough :
(A)
240gm  rice flour (粘米粉)
35gm    glutinous rice flour (糯米粉)
480ml   boiling water

(B)
90gm   Tapioca flour (薯粉)
2 TB    cooking oil

* Extra oil for coating
* 1/2 cup  Toasted sesame seeds

Chives Filling  :  Please refer here and double the ingredients for this recipe. Best to prepare the filling an hour before used.
                           



Method  :
(1)  combine ingredients (A) into a big mixing bowl and slowly stir in boiling water till well combined.
(2)  next, add in ingredients (B) in few batches and knead till smooth then rest for 10 minutes before used.
(3)  for further folding instructions, kindly refer here.
(4)  finally, steamed at preheated steamer for 10 minutes. And garnished with toasted sesame seed before serving.

I'm using silicon sheet for the bottom layer. Just make some holes with the hole puncher. The sheet is reuseable as many times as you like. Simply hassle free.

However, its all worth it. I am so glad I tried this out. I know its good cause I can read through hubby's face. haha..... I'll give this 9.9/10.  Hope you guys will love it too ! Enjoy & have a fabulous week ahead everyone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...