Taiwan Sticky Rice Roll

Hubby's friend throw a mid-autumn festival party at the very last minute on the last celebration. He asked each of us who attend the party to come up with a dish. And I only have one day time to plan and to get it prepare the following day. Honestly, time is very very limited cause I'm also helping another friend to prepare a Hainanese chicken (blanched white chicken) on the same day. However, its my lucky day I guess ! I bump into this Taiwan sticky rice roll recipe just a day before the party, at My Kitchen Snippet. Have to thank Gertrude for sharing it. Since I have some Siam glutinous rice which I bought from Kota Bahru, I knew I got to bring this to the party for sure. Sticky rice is considered one famous street food over in Taiwan, China & Hong Kong. There are all kinds of filling available, savory or sweet. You just name it ! I think I prefer  vegetarian.

This mushroom floss has been in my fridge for quite some time already and I think its perfect for this vegetarian rice roll. You may consider by using this mushroom floss on your food in future, which is much healthier than meat floss !

I used store bought Chinese crullers and then stuff with toasted chopped sweet preserved radish & mushroom floss. You can either used half or whole 'you tiao', of course, the more the merrier. >o<


Ingredients for glutinous rice :
3 cups  glutinous rice, soaked for 2 hours
2-1/2 cup  water
1 tspn  salt
1 TB  sugar

Method :
Dissolved salt & sugar into water then combine mixture into rice, let to steam for 20 minutes over high heat. Once its done, loosen the rice and divide into 6 portions, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.

Ingredients for rice roll :
6 chinese crullers
1 cup  mushroom floss
1/2 cup  preserved chopped radish, toasted
some cilantro
6 pcs  plastic wrap

TO ASSEMBLE :
Line plastic sheet on a bamboo roller (like making sushi), spread one portion of rice onto plastic sheet then place in stuffed Chinese cruller & cilantro. Roll it up like a Swiss roll then tightened or lock both side of plastic by twisting it. Make sure the rice won't fell apart or loosen easily. Finally, leave to cool completely before slicing it.

And TA...DA..... here's the scrumptious homemade rice roll. Looks more like sushi to me. Even the kids at the party asking me the same thing. haha..... I bought back some leftover and preheated it on the frying pan over low heat the next day. It was even tastier. This rice roll is a perfect healthy party snack for anyone. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...