Fresh Mulberry Mille High Sponge Cake

Oooo....FRESH MULBERRIES ! Also known as Morus. I managed to grab two packets of these (at RM3.99) on last weekend when shopping at Jusco. Oooo....how lucky am I !!! I actually discussed about the mulberry plants with Vivian a few months back and she told me that her father in law has some in his Nursery shop in Seremban. I definitely will hop over some day to get them when I'm free, but NOT at this moment. However, I at least got the chance to try out the fresh berries before I owned one of those plants. How nice ! :o)

At the same time, I knew I got to try out the Mille High sponge cake as well. So, this is the combination between the two. Simply Superbbbb.....

Ingredients :
(A)
7 egg white
4 TB  sugar

(B)
7 egg yolks
1 TB  sugar
1 tspn  vanilla
2 tspn  lemon zest

(C)
80gm   all purpose flour
2 TB corn oil

*1 cup  fresh mulberries, washed & dust with flour

Method :
(1) beat ingredients (A) till stiff & foamy, set aside.
(2) cream ingredients (B) till light & creamy pale, then slowly fold (B) into mixture (A) in 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not beat the mixture.
(3) now, fold in flour bit by bit & follow by oil till well mixed.
(4) then place batter to a 9" greased tray alternately by adding in mulberries.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 25 mins or till tester came out clean.
(6) once it's done, quickly remove pan from oven and place it up side down with proper stand. (I placed it to a glass bottle in the middle)
(7) remove sponge from pan once it's nicely cooled.

Note : there's no milk or any other liquid added in on this recipe.

The cake came out really soft & fluffy. Can't wait to have my first bite on it. It tastes almost the same as chiffon sponge cake except that chiffon is smoother & lighter due to the milk used in it. Mille High sponge tastes as good though. And those fresh mulberries tastes almost the same as blueberry or blackberry !  Sourish sweet....yummm.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...