Homemade Gardenia Butterscotch Loaf

I can't remember when exactly Gardenia Butterscotch bread was launched here in Malaysia. I think probably somewhere around year 2009. I'm totally falling in love with it after my first bite... not love in first site. lol! ha... Butterscotch is actually something really new to me at that time. I have no idea what it was, not untill after started food blogging. At the beginning, I thought it was something like butternut squash cause of the colour. Lyndsey sent me a packet a year back and I bought a few more after that in Singapore.

I found this at Cold Storage, Singapore, but not sure about here. And not waiting any longer. Here, I'm bringing you the homemade Gardenia butterscotch bread loaf.

Ingredients :
250gm all purpose flour
250gm bread flour
2 tspn yeast
290ml milk & water (50%-50%)
1 egg (do not beat the egg)
2-1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tspn salt
80gm cold butter, cubed
*1 cup butterscotch chips

Method :
(1) combine flour & yeast (stir well), then add in sugar and salt.
(2) add in the egg and slowly stir in milk and mix to form a soft & sticky dough.
(3) lastly add in butter and knead till the side of the bowl become clean.
(4) knead till you get a smooth dough and cover, let it rest for an hour or untill double in size.




(5) now, punch out the air and knead the dough untill excess air is totally released.
(6) place dough to a slightly floured working table, divide into 4 portion and again let to rest for 5-10 mins. (7) next, roll out each dough and place in butterscotch chip.
 (8) fold both side of dough into centre and roll it up from the longer side. (as shown in picture)
(9) let them rest in a 4.5x4.5x10" greased tray for an hour or untill 80% full.
(10) brush the top with egg glaze and bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 30-35mins.
(11) leave to cool completely before slicing it.

So, what do you think? I think Gardenia won't be very happy with me. lol! *wink* However, hope you guys will enjoy it too.
*
My dear friend Gert @ My Kitchen Snipper is giving away three gorgeous aprons. All entries end on 17th of May (6pm, Easten time). Please do visit her blog.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...