And here's the recipes.
Ingredients for Dough:
2 cups glutinous rice flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tspn apple cider/homemade fruit cider
3/4 cup warm water
* 1/2 cup sesame seeds
Ingredients for Fillings :
2 tbsp crashed roasted peanuts
1 tbsp sugar
(combine everything & mix well)
(1) combine glutinous flour and sugar in a big bowl, mix well.
(2) stir in water & cider, mix to form a nice smooth dough.
(3) divide into 12 portion (but I think it's too big), 20 portion should be better.
(4) press dough in the centre to make a hole, fill in peanuts mixture & sealed.
(5) roll dough over water & again roll dough over the sesame seeds.
(6) then fry them in hot oil over low heat.
(7) once the dough turn light brown, try to press & flatten each dough to help them to expend.
(8) the frying process will take a little longer more than 5 mins or untill you get crispy crust. Otherwise, the crust will collapse quickly after cooled.
*I remember my mom only buy this kind of glutinous rice ball during special occasions or festival when I was little. We were only allowed to have them after the prayers. But now, we can have it anytime we want. We can even easily buy it from the stalls.
I will definitely make this again. Maybe in smaller size, so that it turns out nice & round. :o) The crust is so delicious. It's crispy & chewy at the same time. I'm sure you will enjoy making this too. Have fun!