Cider Crumble Cake

Making cakes with cider is definitely something new to me. Just because of that, my curiosity drove me straight to the recipe which I found longgggg ago. So, I have finally made this during the Chinese New Year and gave them away as gifts. Since I have full supply of my homemade fruits cider, this is a pretty good time to make good use of them.

Ingredients for Crumble Topping :
40gm butter
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped


Method :
(1) cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
(2) fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) add in chopped walnuts and mix combine.
(4) wrap dough with a plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15 mins.

Ingredients for Cake :
20gm butter, melted
2 tbsp golden syrup/honey
150ml homemade fruit/apple cider
2 cup all purpose flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn ginger powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
5 pitted dates, roughly chopped
5 pitted prunes, roughly chopped

Method :
(1) combine butter, cider & syrup in a big bowl.
(2) fold in flour, sugar, ginger powder & baking powder, mix well.
(3) stir in chopped prunes & dates and mix to combine.
(4) fill paper cups up to 70% batter and top with crumble topping.
(5) then bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 30 mins.

The cakes turned out looking great... soft texture, crunch topping with assorted sweetness!

I can even smell the aroma of cider, really inviting! The aging cider tastes even stronger and more to alkohol. Where the freshly made ones is more to fruity flavour. I will have to make another batch soon when my next batch of homemade cider is ready to use. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...