Sweet Leaves

Both of my sisters-in-law just came back from their Chiang Mai (Thailand) trip last weekend. And they have bought me some gifts. The most interesting one was a packet of the local organic product which travelled all the way from Chiang Rai, upper part of Chiang Mai by hand to me. Here it is SWEET STEVIA ! This is the very first time I get to know this kind of herbal leaves that can be so helpful to our human body. It contains no calories and has therefore no effect on blood sugar level, diabetes, hyperactivity or candida. Believe it or not, it is about 250-300 times sweeter than sugar.

The packet came in as shown as the above picture. We only need 5 leaves to make a cup of tea. For me, I made 2 cups and the 2nd cup taste even sweeter. One thing is do not ferment the leaves and it also not suitable to be used for wine or beer making. I think this kind of natural packaging much much more heathier compare to the one they were selling in bottles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...